Mireille van Bremen
Empathy & Visual Communication Trainer and Coach
Illustrator, Designer, Graphic Recorder
Conflict Coach & Mediator
Hi, I am Mireille van Bremen!
◉ I am a Dutch national with Asian roots and live in Slovenia for 15 years. I am a mother and co-parent of a teenage son who lives with me every other week.
◉ Besides being creative, I love improvised cooking with my home grown veggies, I am a little adventurous, fond of travelling, mountain biking, music and spending time with friends.
◉ To be free and flexible in my work and private life, I switched from working as a design department leader to working location independent as a visual communication trainer & coach, an illustrator, designer and graphic recorder.
◉ Now I offer trainings, design, build and facilitate courses in my online academy and in presence training, but also do a lot of design and illustration work for clients. I love that my office fits in a backpack – well, except for when I bring training equipment along for my participants 🙂
◉ Working online is nothing new, in fact, we all function a lot online. To explain what I mean, I visualise what is in my head and do that all the time in my webinars, video’s, trainings, workshops and meetings. It’s simply how I communicate … I often hear that is so helpful, clarifying and fun. Would you like to experience that too?
What you would know, if you’d really know me …
Because I am empathic and lead from my intuition, I am often aware of unspoken intentions and power dynamics. This makes it easy for me to put my finger on the sore spot and make the invisible, visible.
Sometimes it is confronting for people that the clarity I provide, reveals something about their own impact and responsibility in a situation.
My perception on providing visual understanding
In my perception everyone has true benefit of being visually empathised with to reach the level of understanding they deeply long for. The essence of what I do, is to bring clarity. The moment I notice a shift in others after I visualise what I have understood, my heart fills up with joy and enthusiasm. I help people see what they sensed emotionally or understood verbally, but could not fully express with words or gestures to be fully heard.
I am convinced talent is not a requirement to express ourselves visually. Speaking visual language is not about art. Everyone can develop a skill set and cultivate a mindset that surpasses the societal norms of visual expression not being accepted, unless it’s a form of art. When more attention is given and value attributed to the benefits of communicating visually, we increase the likelihood that we are on the same page and will consider the needs of everyone involved when making decisions. It’s a no-brainer to understand that with synergy we experience more harmony, compassion and happiness in our lives.
Everyone can develop a skill set and cultivate a mindset, that surpasses the societal norms of visual expression not being accepted, unless it’s a form of art.
- Facilitate trainings, conversations, meetings, workshops,
- Empathic listening
- Capture the essence of a story, conflict, idea or plan with striking clarity
- Visualise the bigger picture of ideas, concepts, models, processes, visions, plans, etc.
- Generate new value & tons of ideas
- Reduce complexity to what truly matters
- Make the invisible visible & tangible
- Art direction, Graphic design, Illustration
- Graphic Recording, Visual Translation
- Conflict Coaching & Mediation
- (Online) Marketing & Business
- Bachelor in Arts (Illustration) of the Willem de Kooning Academy of Art, Rotterdam, NL
- Bachelor in Visual Communication (Graphic Design) of the Willem de Kooning Academy of Art, Rotterdam, NL
- Training in graphic facilitation
- Over 100 days of training in Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg
- 3 years BayNVC Leadership Year Program (participant & assistant)
- Mediate your Life Program with John Kinyon – training in Conflict Coaching & Mediation
- Training in Conflict Resolution
- Training in Empathic Listening
- Training in (online) marketing
- Training in Awakening Coaching Basics
- Training in Empathic Coaching training
- Theta Healing Basic DNA Practitioner
- Genos Certified Emotional Intelligence Practitioner
- 5 years owner of Studio LiEF – design studio based in The Netherlands
- 9 years Head of Design & Art Director in an internationally operating advertising agency in Slovenia
- 6 years owner of The Visual Catalyst – training, coaching and visual communication services – based in Slovenia
- Supported many entrepreneurs in being more impactful with their marketing & communications
- Trained hundreds of trainers, coaches, facilitators, leaders, designers, project managers, lecturers and teachers in developing their visual & empathy skills
- Created countless graphic recordings and sketchnotes for many events and clients
German (with assistance)
Any other with simultanious translation
social media follow
Click to download a detailed and listy biography.
Contact The Visual Catalyst
+386 - 51 80 4995
VAT ID: SI10975748